Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Being Phat

This... Is Elder Coles.  I often ask myself... why are missionaries so fat??  Statistics say that 74% of all missionaries gain at least 40 pounds on their mission, and that only 32% of all missionaries who go home lose that weight. (Statistics also say that 94% of all statistics are made up on the spot... just like those ones were.)  I have been out three months and I have gained 10 pounds, and that is alot of weight gain for me, who has weighed 155 pounds for the last 3 years of my life.  If I keep at this pace... I should be about... 240 pounds when I get home.  My gosh.  I hope I dont keep at this pace.  Food is something we like as missionaries.  Why?  I dont really know it must just come with the name tag. 

There are alot of ways that you can get fat.  There is a way though that you can get PHat.  See there is a big difference between being fat and being phat, and who doesnt want to be phat??  Because being phat just means that you are the coolest ever.  Let me explain how you can become phat...

1. In 2 Nephi 32:3 it says:
"Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore they speak the words of Christ.  Wherefore I said unto you, feast upon the words for Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."

2. In 2 Nephi 9:51 it says:
"... and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness."

Yes, to become phat we must feast on the words of Christ.  Studying the words of Christ help us to be more like Christ, and that is when we become the coolest ever.  I feel like I am getting phatter and phatter each day (maybe a little fatter to) because I study the Book of Mormon each day (and I eat lots).  So this is my invitation to you all, to join with me in becoming phat, and to read the Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment