Friday, February 18, 2011

My First Blog Ever

This... Is Elder Coles.  I want to share my thoughts and feelings as a missionary with everyone!  President Hutchings (president of the Tennessee Nashville Mission) wants to experiment with something they call "online prosyliting."  I have been chosen to take part in this new form of misisonary work and I am super excited to get started with this blog!  This blog is being created for the purpose of... doing missionary work of course!  If you are reading this... first off you are reading the coolest blog ever.  Second if you have any questions about anything relating to the gospel or this blog feel free to ask me!  I am a people pleaser.  My only goal in life is to please people.  I will do my best to answer any questions that you have... gospel questions of course.  And my only goal for this blog... well actually I have two goals... the first being this will be the most read blog in the whole world... second is that this blog will bring people closer to Christ.  The way I will start off by attaining this goal is by bearing my testimony of the Book of Mormon. 
Sigh... The Book of Mormon.  I LOVE the book of Mormon.  I love everything about it.  All the stories... All the great examples the people are in them... All the truths contained in the Book of Mormon... The peace and happiness it brings to me when I read it... I could go on forever.  Joseph Smith said "I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book."  That my friends is a true statement.  On my mission I have the opportunity to study the Book of Mormon everyday and as I have done so my relationship with God has grown so much, because it "puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come."  I know that this is exactly what the Book of Mormon does.  I want to share that with everyone.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that it is the word of God and that it was translated through the prophet Joseph Smith.  I know that if you are reading this and you havent read the Book of Mormon yet... You should read it.  Not for me.  But read it for yourself because I know it will make you happy.  That is my testimony.  Pretty simple but hopefully powerful.  Feel free to ask me any questions about the Book of Mormon and how it will be able to bless your life and I will do my best to answer them!  Also feel free to comment on any of my posts... actually feel free to do what ever you want.  Just know that I know that the Book of Mormon is true!         

No comments:

Post a Comment