Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Plan Of Salvation

This... Is Elder Coles.  I was sitting here trying to decide what to blog about and I kept on staring at the title of my last blog and about how true it is.  He WILL give you help.  That video was great.  I think it really captured how Darren was feeling after Bean's death and how he got through that hard time.  I testify that knowing the plan of salvation and the atonement, along with praying and asking for the Lord to comfort him through this hard time was the only way that he got through it.  I know this to be true, because I was also Bean's best friend and that is the only way I got through it.  Beans had a tonne of best friends, who knew about the plan of salvation and thats how they got through it.  Death is not an easy thing to deal with.  Believe me, even with this knowledge, it still wasn't easy.  Its never easy to deal with.  But knowing where he was going and that life does not end after we depart from this life and that our spirits live on, that is where the comfort lies.  In the book of Alma in the Book of Mormon, it sheds a little more light on what happens to our spirits after we die.  I am so greatful for the plan of salvation and how perfect the plan is.  I am greatful for our loving Heavenly Father who in his infinate wisdom and mercy reaveals these things to us through his prophets.  I can testify of the reality of the power of prayer, and how he is always there to lift me up when I am feeling down.  I know that He WILL give you help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment